Have you been called “too sensitive” or “too emotional”?
You are not alone
We bring together a highly sensitive, neurodiverse “family” from around the world to share our experiences and create a sense of belonging and validation. As we learn from one another in this nurturing and supportive space, we honor our sensitive gifts, improve our well-being, and brightly shine our lights.
Members share their experiences...
Member sharing their beautiful hearts...
Feeling loved and nourished with this wonderful resource of community in my backpack. It’s always a safe and comfortable space to be myself, and encourage others. The empowerment I’m learning here and the ongoing practicing continues to strengthen me on my journey. ❤️ Much gratitude!
This community always feels so safe, nurturing and supportive and I'm so grateful for that.
This is a wonderful community of caring, loving people.
I am so grateful to be in the community and have fantastic support. I didn't realize how many of us have been in the same situation. It's been uplifting to have these conversations, and I am gaining so much strength and confidence from sharing.
The Sensitive Empowerment Community has been rated as an “exceptional community” with a whopping 93.5% retention rate (the standard retention rate for communities is only 30%). These remarkable statistics bear witness to the dedication, compassion, and encouragement that our team of sensitive beings pours into this community full of kind-hearted sensitive people! By offering a positive, deliberate, and empowering alternative to traditional social media for sensitive individuals, this community is transforming lives globally.
Welcome — I’m Julie!
I’m an HSP, Neurodiverse Psychotherapist specializing in high sensitivity and Neurodiversity, Founder of Sensitive Empowerment
My mission is to teach you how to balance and honor your sensitive nervous system, understand your incredible value, love who you are, and empower you to flourish at your highest potential.
Top 5 Benefits of the Sensitive Empowerment Community
Understand your trait of high sensitivity and learn tools to balance your sensitive nervous system.
Connect with kind-hearted sensitive people through discussion posts, events, and online meetups.
Explore our extensive library of events, podcasts, articles, and resources.
Nurture personal growth and transformation among a multigenerational, diverse, global, inclusive family.
Feel supported, validated, and empowered to thrive.
Virtual Meet and Greets
3x Each Month
Bring your favorite beverage to sip while chatting and getting to know each other in a sensory-friendly HSP kind of way. Meet other HSPs from all over the world in small groups via video. We offer two 20-minute breakout sessions where you get randomly assigned to a small group and are offered icebreaker questions to help start your conversations. We make this a safe, nurturing space and share laughs and heartfelt conversations. The aim is to help you find people you'd like to continue getting to know and develop meaningful friendships.
- Feel a strong sense of understanding, acceptance, and belonging, contributing to improving overall well-being.
- Deeply connecting with supportive HSPs boosts emotional support, self-esteem & self-love!
Weekly Live Events
It’s fun to be together, learning and growing. Plus, you get to access our replay library of past events. Some of the general topics of events we have covered include…
- Join Julie and Willow live on The HSP Podcast!
- About Sensitivity
- Julie Teaches and Answers HSP Questions
- Meditation, Mindfulness, and Grounding
- Self-Compassion and Self-Acceptance
- Sensitive Kids, Teens and Intuitive Parenting
- Music by HSPs
- Empowerment and Confidence
- Energy Medicine, Healing, and Protection
- Environments and Environmental Sensitivity
- Inner Child
- Nutrition and Health
- Relationships and Sexuality
- Black HSPs and Leadership
Daily Post Discussions
- About the Trait of High Sensitivity
- Replay Library
- Tips & Tools To Thrive
- Positivity Fill-Up
- Be the Change
- Creativity, Art, Music
- Empowerment & Communication
- Health and Movement
- Mindfulness & Meditation
Nature and Garden
Parents & Grandparents
Pets, Animals and Birds
Sensory & Food
Travel and Adventure
Connect to Each Other Here
Media: Books, TV, Movies, Poetry
These are just some of the many wonderful things happening in this community. You’ll be amazed how good it feels to be together.
Plus, access over 100 previous event recordings in our HSP library!
Membership also includes access to our groups!
Spiral Up Group
If you’re looking for support around depression beyond what you’ve gotten through medication or therapy, we warmly invite you to join our new Spiral Up group within the Sensitive Empowerment Community where you can find rich, deep connections with others to support you on your healing and growth journey.
Aged 60+ (free)
Supporting HSP members aged 60+ Exploring topics such as self-care, Grandparenting, Relationships, Societal relevance, Vitality (Sleep, balance, nutrition, muscle strength), Geneology, Sexual intimacy, Creative travel, Physical changes, Brain health, Grief, Purpose, Independent living, with Enrichment/growth/learning opportunities.
HSPs in Heart-Centered Business Group
Offer support, feedback, inspiration, and connection to other HSPs running their business ($10/mo)
Access to our live business events and guest experts.
Access previous trainings in our business library.
Opportunities to get referrals and collaborate.
Support in goal setting, plus get inspired reading each other’s weekly goals!
Connecting with other HSPs in business is transformational.
Perks after 3 consecutive months:
Helping HSPs find you who need you:
Free listing on The HSP Practitioners Directory
Opportunities to host (or be interviewed on) an episode of The HSP Podcast!
Publish articles on The HSP Blog, exposing your work to a global audience of thousands of HSPs.
Free listing on our HSPs to Interview Directory so you can get exposure on other people’s podcasts, and interview for articles, giving you free heart-centered marketing.
Free listing on our HSPs in Business Directory because we encourage hiring HSPs!
Host your own events and get free exposure for your business.
Julie’s Course Discussions Group
Connect with other HSPs taking these online courses and have a chance to ask questions (free)
Free group included with your community membership
Connect with other HSPs taking the courses
Get your questions answered
Share and celebrate your growth!
Soul Sanctuary Group
Sensitives of Color (free)
A soothing space where sensitive people of Color can explore shared truths, be vulnerable, and meet our needs
Hosted by Chris Hooten, M.A. (they/them), a non-binary and neurodivergent equity educator, writer, and inclusion advocate
Chris shares, “As a descendant of enslaved peoples, a grandchild of sharecroppers, and a survivor of poverty, food scarcity, and housing insecurity, I am committed to building power to create a world free of these injustices.“
A Safe Space Group
LGBTQIA+ Sensitives (free)
A vibrant, dynamic space for sensitive people of the LGBTQIA+ experience to connect, share, and learn
Hosted by Chris Hooten, a non-binary and neurodivergent equity educator, writer, and inclusion advocate
Autistic Sensitive Women
- A Support Group Empowering the Adult-Diagnosed, Self-Diagnosed, or those women who suspect they are Autistic
- Hosted by Julie Bjelland, LMFT
Sensitive Men's Group
- Connect with the men in the community
- Hosted by James Barrett (retired Marine, mentor, writer & lover of humanity & animals)"I love shaping men, mentoring, and helping highly sensitives of all ages to understand their truest self, and reaching out to the underdogs in society."
Your Self-Discovery Journey
- Premium journey within the community
- Intentional journey of self-discovery, sharing goals, and inspiring each other to flourish authentically
- What might come of it if we met our needs and said yes to ourselves more often?
- We are getting to know ourselves for who we are right now at this stage of life and paying attention in a new way.
- Are there dreams you’ve had but fears that feel too big? Or do you want to put some intentional focus on truly knowing your authentic self? Have you always been there for others with less time for yourself?
- Is there a path you’ve wanted to take, and having a group of us cheering you on would boost you enough to do it? Are you at a crossroads in life and think this experience could help you decide and follow through on what is right for you?
- Be a part of a group of like-minded HSPs taking a journey toward becoming our best selves, supporting each other along the way.
Transform With Support and Connection
- Finally, feel like you belong
- Know you are not alone in how you experience the world
- Learn how to flourish with sensitivity, not just survive it
- Experience the feeling of a healthy, loving family that accepts you and loves you for who you are
- Daily tools and reminders from a psychotherapist specializing in high sensitivity teach you the self-care that works for HSPs, which means your wellness improves
- Thrive as your authentic self and transform toward living your fullest and best life as an HSP in our thriving global community.
We are an Inclusive Community
Join our Sensitive Empowerment Journey
and Transform Your Life
Everyone in your life benefits when you are flourishing.
This is a subscription-based, inclusive community for sensitive people eighteen and older. The monthly fees enable us to host an ad-free platform free of spam and provide a professionally moderated, supportive, and safe space. There is no commitment; your monthly membership can be canceled anytime. A headshot profile photo is required to foster deeper connection and safety. We think you will truly enjoy our kind and loving sensitive family. We warmly invite you to join us!
Please read the community guidelines once you enter.
What members are saying about the community...
Soulful support, empowerment, and inspiration for HSPs all over the world. The community is such a special part of my life and your words and messages are so beautifully nurturing and necessary. We are blessed to have you, Julie Bjelland. What an incredible difference you make to the world.
I wanted you to know that you and your vision and all those who participate in this incredible community have inspired me, strengthened me, supported me and encouraged me in ways big and small.
I feel I've grown a lot since joining this community. I so appreciate all the work and love you've invested to build this community.
It is so validating coming into this community and hearing from others because until I learned I am an HSP, I had NO idea why I felt the ways that I did...for the first time, I feel so heard, understood, validated and like I belong. It's so freeing to release this burden of "something is wrong with me." IT'S NOT!!!! I'm just HSP and now I can start to see that as a gift instead of a burden!
This community has been so transformative for me. I love how intentional we all are and the slow pace of things here. It’s really soothing 💜 It has been life changing to be in community with other sensitive people.
This community you created has made me feel so welcomed, understood and provides a beautiful garden that I feel comfortable to share my vulnerabilities openly and have a positive space that feeds me with beauty in so many ways! I feel like I have a team on this journey now and we are all working together on this great project! The exchanges are priceless...😍
May you feel safe here to be yourself with a sense of true belonging. ❤️
May you know we value you exactly as you are and believe you are important to the world. ❤️
May you feel the celebration of authenticity that we love in this global, open, and accepting community. ❤️
Sending out love to all of you beautiful, sensitive souls. ❤️
Three plan options
Plan 1 gives you access to the full community + all free groups (does not include premium groups like the Business Group or Your Self-Discovery Journey).
Plan 2 gives you everything in plan 1 PLUS the business group and perks.
Low-income Plan. This plan is ONLY for BIPOC, LGBTQ+, or those aged 60 + who are ALSO low-income.
Why do you charge for this community?
- We offer professional moderation to make sure this community is safe and inclusive, and we want to be able to pay our team that gives so much of their heart. The benefit of a paid, private community is that you don't have advertisements either! Yay! It is positive and gentle on the sensitive nervous system and feels good to be here. Members have noted that their well-being improves and that it often feels like a sense of belonging they have never experienced before, which is powerful! We recommend trying it to see how good it feels! It's a VERY different experience than social media. ❤️
Can I cancel anytime?
- Yes, this is just a monthly subscription that you can cancel anytime, but we hope you will love it and want to stay a part of our family.
How do I get 8 weeks free in the community with the purchase of a course?
- If you have purchased a course and are not a member, you get 8 weeks free in the community, so be sure to use the link INSIDE the courses. Please note it will ask for your credit card to avoid spammers, but you will see that the total due will be $0 for the first 8 weeks. Your use of the free trial means you understand that failure to follow our community guidelines means you may be removed from the community and forfeit your free trial.
Do you offer scholarships?
- Yes, if you are low-income and your basic needs would be affected by the monthly fee, AND you are in one of the following demographics (BIPOC, LGBTQ+, or aged 60+), you can choose the low-income plan.
- If you are not in one of those demographics noted above but still are low income, you can apply for a scholarship HERE.
Choose a plan below