Welcome — I’m Julie Bjelland, LMFT!
I’m a Sensitivity Expert, Psychotherapist, Global HSP Educator, Author & Founder of Sensitive Empowerment
I specialize in working with highly sensitive people. My mission is to teach you how to balance and honor your sensitive nervous system, understand your incredible value, love who you are, and empower you to share your many superpower gifts with the world.
Why You Should Join Us
Sensitive people are like orchids -- with the right conditions, we can bloom brilliantly. You are needed in the world, and I want to guide and support you to live to your highest potential.
Here you will learn about yourself and your needs, understand the trait of high sensitivity, grow in a supportive space, and connect in meaningful ways to other highly sensitive people.
I have studied and researched this trait for years. I've infused into this group everything that works to reduce the challenges of being sensitive and increases the positives.
By joining this group, you'll get to participate in HSP-focused live Q&As, videos, podcasts, articles, special guest speakers, and regular self-care + self-love reminders. All of this will help to calm your nervous system and optimize your daily experience in the world.
You'll learn about your brain differences, why your nervous system is often over-activated, and what to do about it. This information will help your mind and body feel more balanced energy, joy, peace, resilience, patience, calm, and fuller access to your positives and gifts.
Engage in wonderfully deep conversations and connections with other HSPs with similar experiences and interests. It feels good to be surrounded by kind, compassionate, and supportive HSPs and feel understood and validated. I’ve had so many HSPs say this is the first time they truly understood, accepted, and loved themselves.
You can transform, love yourself authentically, feel balanced in the world, increase your creativity, and move from surviving to thriving. Imagine what your life could be if you could thrive and bloom brilliantly in the world. ❤
“We've been familiar with Julie Bjelland’s work since we first started Highly Sensitive Refuge, and we’ve always considered her one of the leading voices in the HSP community. Julie combines a warm and inspiring personality with hard research into how the brain works — and what makes the sensitive mind different. Everything Julie does is focused on helping sensitive people understand, and gradually “re-train” their brains to keep using their greatest gifts while overcoming their struggles. She helps highly sensitive people achieve a much-needed sense of balance, and we’re proud to support her work.”—Andre Sólo and Jenn Granneman, founders of Highly Sensitive Refuge
"I first found Julie and her work with HSPs in 2019 through the Shift Network's Empowered Empath Summit. Julie's focus on brain training was of huge interest, but most importantly, I was struck by her gentle presence, depth of knowledge, and bright intellect. When I heard about Julie's Sensitive Empowerment Community I knew it would be a place that would change people's lives. If you are a Highly Sensitive Person and crave community and continued learning about the trait, do yourself a favor and check it out!" ~Leah K. Walsh Life Coach
"Calling all sensitive males! It’s ok and accepted for us to be sensitive. If you have sensitive traits they can be empowering to help you connect, influence and relate to your partner and other people that you care about in your life. This Sensitive Empowerment community is a safe and encouraging place to be yourself, learn from others on how to be masculine and embrace your feminine side to step up and be the leader that you are inside. Once we connect with ourselves we can then stand strong for others and connect with the world in an authentic and powerful way. As Les Brown says, “you have greatness within you”, a part of this greatness are the sensitive traits that you possess. We welcome you and we hope to help you on your journey in finding yourself and unleashing your greatness!! With all Sincerity, Michael A. Cole, Holistic Health Practitioner and Health Strategy Coach
Find your authentic self here as you join your unique tribe and transform toward living your fullest and best life as an HSP.
Transform With Support & Connection
- Receive support, validation, encouragement, understanding, inspiration, insight and knowledge
- Feel a sense of belonging and connection with like minded HSP peers
- Share and celebrate connection and growth
- Feel safe to be yourself and connect deeply and authentically
- Enjoy a positive space with wonderful, creative, empathetic, understanding and compassionate HSPs
- We rise by lifting each other up
- Learn from each other and get inspired to shine your brightest
- Widen your support system and develop genuine HSP friendships with others who understand your experience in the world
"Julie Bjelland is my go-to HSP expert. She is a master of teaching sensitives to thrive in our overstimulating, sometimes harsh world. Julie awakened me to the gift that high sensitivity truly is through her research proven techniques for processing and building resilience. She brings a powerful combination of scientific facts and heartfelt compassion to everything that she shares. I would recommend Julie to anyone who wishes to own the gifts of their sensitivity under the guidance of someone who will empower you, cheer you on, and truly celebrate what it means to be sensitive!" Natalia Karoway, Herbalist & HSP Author of Living Sacred Ceremony: Earth Inspired Practices For Transforming & Celebrating
Included Trainings with Julie
- Regular tips and strategies to cope with overwhelm and emotional overload and how to thrive as a sensitive person in a busy, modern world
- Live Q&A to gain knowledge and learn more about yourself
- Self-care tips to support your sensitive nervous system
- How to create healthy friendships & relationships
- How to set healthy boundaries and say no without guilt
- Effective Communication Strategies for HSPs
- How to tell others about the trait
- Learn how to advocate for your needs
- Empowerment mentoring
- How to decrease stress, anxiety, and overwhelm and access more of your gifts
- Leadership & Business Trainings & Q/A
“Not only is Julie deeply committed to her work and an expert in her field, but she is a kind and compassionate leader. What I respect most is her curiosity and ability to create a safe space of learning and support for her community. She demonstrates a high level of integrity and a strong commitment to her core values. Whenever I interact with Julie, it's been my experience that she truly lives what she teaches. Her caring and warmth are apparent in all she does.” Sukie Baxter, CR, LMT, Author of Perfect Posture for Life
Free Trainings in Our HSP Library! Learn From Amazing HSP Guests Presenters
- Using Our Emotions To Find Peace in Times of Stress with Luciana Garcia
- How to Use Journaling to Honor Your Sensitive Needs and Set Boundaries with Mai Oliphant
- Reiki and HSPs with Emily Souder
- Dreams and HSPs with Lourdes Viado
- What does it mean to be a High Sensation Seeking HSP?
- Pandemic Self-Care
- How to Manage Anxiety Through the Relationship with Trust
- How to Develop High Self Esteem Through the Recognition of Our Core Beliefs as a Highly Sensitive Person
- The Importance of Telling People About the Trait of High Sensitivity
- How to Keep Your Boat Afloat in Uncertain Times: Commitment to and Trusting Change With Michael Smith, Ph.D.
- Gift from Nature: Bach Flower Remedies for Highly Sensitive People with psychologist Oraine Ramoo
- Stress, Anxiety & Insomnia, Understanding and Supporting the Highly Sensitive Nervous System with HSP Naturopathic Dr. Julia Hipp
- The Coming Evolution from “Highly Sensitive” into High Sensory Intelligence and What is Really Possible for Us as HSPs with Willow McIntosh, Founder of Inluminance
- Intro to Herbal Self-Care for the HSP with Herbalist Natalia Karoway
- HSPs in Leadership & Energy Medicine & Body Wisdom & Working With Spirit with Alison Palmer PhD
- Grounding for Greatness with HSP Life Coach, Leah Walsh
- Caring for Your Highly Sensitive Body: Avoiding Pain, Tension And Stress When The World Is Too Much with Sukie Baxter, an HSP Posture and Movement Specialist
- The Gift of Ayurveda to Reduce Over-Stimuli for Highly Sensitive Adults, Teens, and Kids with Ayurvedic Health Practitioner Rose Carrol
- How my Intuition saved my life. The gift of being an HSP with Professional Tarot reader Sinead Fine
- Activate the Power of Your Emotional Strength With Melissa Jean, MSW
- Guided Meditation for HSPs with HSP Art Therapist/Educator, Bridget Woodward
- Aging Issues for HSPs with HSP Naturopathic Dr. Julia Hipp
- Shifting from Overstimulation to Sensitive Sanctuary:
The Importance of our Physical Environments with HSP Designer Bevin Niemann
- Become a Highly Sensitive Superhero: Building the Foundation with Health Educator Leah Burkhart
- How to Recognize and Avoid Overwhelm as an HSP and as a Parent of an HSP with Becky Howie, LPC
- Grounding and Shielding Meditation with co-founder of Leading Edge Parenting, Melissa Schwartz
- Purpose Alignment & Inspired Leadership For The Highly Sensitive with Georgette Star, founder of the Life Blessing Institute
“Julie brings extensive knowledge, experience, and wisdom of psychology in combination with her profound expertise in the field of HSP's. She pulls it all together and offers a unique and impactful approach for highly sensitive people and the HSP community. The combination of psychology and high sensitivity is very inspiring to me. I highly recommend Julie and her great work!” Annabelle Breuer-udo, Integrative Medicine Practitioner, Certified Coach (ACC) author of The Magic About Pain.
What HSPs Are Saying About Our Community
"I’m learning something new and useful every day and I realize I’m not alone! It’s the most comforting feeling. There are others like me who get it! Thank you for all of your hard work putting this together."
- "This HSP community offers an abundance of inspiration and encouragement, valuable information, heartfelt sharing, and many unfolding possibilities. I also appreciate Julie’s compassionate, motivational and inclusive leadership."
- "This is honestly a place I so look forward to coming every single day now. When we talk about self-care and our “wins,“ I have to add this space to my self care and make time for it every single day. I often feel rushed and that I don’t have time but I decided to make time for it because it feels like coming home to a place with no judgment and I feel calm when I am here."
- "Julie, you are amazing! The people you are bringing together are so beautiful and intelligent. I'm blessed to have stumbled on you and your vast network to help me thrive. I'm SUPER excited to learn from your (our) Herbalist."
- "I really enjoy being able to connect with other HSPs and have a safe space to be myself."
- "The group is far more calm than other HSP groups online where HSP's like me can feel overwhelm quite easily. Being hosted by a medical professional with HSP expertise makes this group like no other HSP resource. There's lots of info to learn and benefit from, right here in one, supportive and nurturing group."
- "I’ve been loving it actually. It’s been great to interact with everyone here. And come to think of it, it’s become one of my primary go-to’s when I need to decompress."
- "I like that I know there is a safe space to express myself as an empowered HSP. The information and reminders support me in taking care of myself with a sensitivity trait. Hearing others experiences also normalises how I may feel and experience some situations. I am still exploring the different topics and thank you for creating this space. I am definitely being more of an advocate and sharing what I am learning about the HSP trait where possible."
"This space continues to feel so supportive and refreshing...especially after being on FB. It is a different kind of space altogether. Thanks for the loving and calm energy that is so accessible here."
"I personally am finding it to be a fantastic source of validation and information. Thanks again for hosting this."
"I find it a peaceful and safe place to hang out for a while. It’s also very validating and uplifting. 💛"
"Hi Julie, so glad to be a part of this HSP community and thank you for making this possible. It's so good to feel there is always support and connection with like minded people. Looking forward to the future."
Join Other HSPs on a Sensitive Empowerment Journey
and Transform Your Life
Where are you and where would you like to be?
What intentional steps are you taking to reach your fullest, authentic and empowered self?
Everyone in your life benefits when you are empowered.
This is a subscription-based group. The fees help us to keep spammers out, pay for the ad-free platform, moderation to keep this space supportive and safe, and tech needs involved in hosting this community. You can cancel anytime on the monthly plan, but I think you will want to stay in this supportive space, filled with kind and loving HSPs like you. ❤️
WE ARE A GLOBAL HSP FAMILY & SUPPORT DIVERSITY & EQUALITY 🌈
You deserve a safe, supportive space like this (guided by an HSP psychotherapist) away from the chaos of social media.
Reach Sensitive Empowerment. Honor Yourself and the World!
Choose your membership plan below.
No commitment: Cancel anytime on the monthly plan, but we hope you love it and want to stay!